The Department of Accounting under the college of Management Sciences Evangel University Akaeze, Ebonyi State, started in November, 2012. At the take-off campus km, 45 Enugu-Abakaliki express way Evangel Camp, Okpoto and offers a four year Full-Time or Regular degree programme in Accounting. The programme leads to the award of the Degree of Bachelor of Science, and is acquired through course work and project/original essay.
The Departmental academic programme has been developed on the philosophy that the student is entitled to acquired profound theoretical and practical knowledge to equip him to face the challenges of life, to enable him to be self-reliant, contribute to national development and be able to cope with the problems of his environment. The curriculum is designed to give him a broad knowledge of business and at the same time concentrate on his special field Accounting. To this end, emphasis is placed upon professional education of the entire individual and providing him with the background necessary for his effective performance in his career.
The academic programme of the department is aimed at achieving the following specific objectives.
1) To build in students the basic tents of academic and social principles for a successful career in accounting.
2) To develop the mind and impact theoretical and practical knowledge that will encourage self-reliance in the students.
3) To provide basic knowledge needed to understand and analyses problems related accounting and financial management in industry, commerce, public service and other human organization.
4) To equip students of accounting with the skills needed to recognize and defined business problems and take appropriate decisions using modern scientific techniques and tools.
5) To produce leadership and inter-personal relations skills needed for service in organization.
6) To produce graduates who would be eligible to register, obtain appropriate exemptions and pass professional accountancy examinations (and other related exemptions) in Nigeria and abroad