Evangel University Akaeze, Ebonyi State is one of the five Private Universities licensed by the Federal Government of Nigeria on 28th February, 2012 to operate as degree awarding institutions. The Proprietor of Evangel University is the Assemblies of God, Nigeria. The mission of the University is “to offer total education for the liberation of the total man for total service to God, humanity, the individual and society at large, through scientific inquiry, academic integrity, tolerance to diverse views and opinions, coupled with faith in the Bible as God’s Word”. The motto of the University is: Education for the total man.
Evangel University commenced its academic activities for the 2012/2013 session on November 17, 2012 with two Colleges namely: College of Science and College of Business Studies and the School of General Studies at the Take-off Campus at Okpoto. Okpoto is located at Kilometre 48, along Enugu-Abakaliki Expressway, Ebonyi State.
The University currently has four Colleges namely:
1. College of Management Sciences
- B.Sc. Accounting
- B.Sc. Banking and Finance
- B.Sc. Business Management
- B.Sc. Marketing
2. College of Science
- B.Sc. Biochemistry
- B.Sc. Biology
- B.Sc. Chemistry
- B.Sc. Mathematics
- B.Sc. Microbiology
- B.Sc. Physics
- B.Sc. Computer Science
3. College of Arts
- B. A. English and Literary Studies
- B.A. History and International Studies
- B. A. Philosophy and Human Existence
- B.A. Religious and Cultural Studies
- B.A. Theatre and Media Arts
4. College of Social Sciences
- B.Sc. Economics
- B.Sc. Mass Communication
- B.Sc. Political Science
- B.Sc. Psychology
- B.Sc. Sociology and Anthropology
MINIMUM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for admission into the University for the 4-year Degree Programmes. All candidates applying for admission must have sat the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) whether or not the candidates made Evangel University their choice in the 2017 UTME.
All candidates seeking admission into the College of Science must have credit passes in five subjects obtained at one or two sittings in the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (conducted by WAEC or NECO) or equivalent qualifications. The five subjects must include English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
The minimum entry requirement for candidates seeking admission into the College of Management Sciences, and Social Sciences, shall be credit passes in five subjects in the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (conducted by WAEC or NECO) or equivalent qualifications obtained at one or two sittings. The five subjects must include English Language, Mathematics and Economics.
Candidates seeking admission into programmes in the College of Arts should possess credit passes in five subjects including English and Mathematics plus any other subject relevant to their programme of choice.
The UTME subject combination for each programme is as specified in the JAMB Brochure.
MODE OF APPLICATION
- All applicants are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of N2,000 into the University’s Account in any branch of United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc. This amount covers the application form.
Name of Bank
Unite Bank for Africa Plc.
They should then access the University website on www.evangeluniv.edu.ng to fill and submit the application form online. OR download the application form, fill it and submit on the day of screening exercise at the venue.
- Candidates can also obtain the application forms from any of the underlisted locations upon presentation of evidence of payment namely the bank teller:
- Any Assemblies of God District Headquarters in Nigeria.
- Academic Affairs Division, Evangel University, Take off Campus, Okpoto, located at KM 48 Enugu-Abakaliki Expressway, Ebonyi State.
Completed application forms/printed online acknowledgement form and evidence of payment should be brought to the venue of the screening exercise.
Note: First Batch Post UTME Exercise Holds on 18th to 22nd September, 2017.
For enquiries, visit the University website www.evangeluniv.edu.ng or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 08189132571, 08094922765, 08094922767.
APPLY FOR ADMISSION ONLINE or
Mr. John Nwagboso